Advantages of CANNA CALMAG AGENT:
- Ideal 3:1 Ca to Mg ratio
- Highly concentrated
- Improves poor-quality water
- Improves nutrient uptake
- Stronger, healthier plants
- Reduces susceptibility to deficiency/disease
What is the quality of your water?
The properties of water in the UK vary from region to region. CANNA's TERRA and COCO nutrients are most compatible with normal water, typically with an EC of 0.4-0.5.
We have divided water into four different types:
1.) soft water, 2.) normal water, 3.) hard water and 4.) bad water
What is the difference between soft/hard and/or bad water and what can you do about it?
Soft water has an EC level of below 0.4. With CANNA CALMAG AGENT you can raise your EC level to 0.4.
Normal water has an EC level between 0.4 and 0.5. It contains calcium, magnesium and bicarbonate to stabilise the pH. CANNA TERRA and COCO base nutrients are designed to work best with this type of water.
Hard water (EC>0.5) contains more calcium and magnesium than the plant can handle. When you’re growing plants, the best way to treat this kind of water is to use a reverse osmosis filter and then mix your hard water with the R.O. water, until you reach an EC level of 0.4.
Bad water (EC>0.5) contains mostly sodium and chloride. These two elements can block the uptake of beneficial nutrients and become toxic to your plants. With a Reverse Osmosis (R.O) filter, you can remove both of these elements. Simply making a mixture of bad water and R.O water to an E.C of 0.4 will result adequate bi-carbonates to stabilise pH levels, but the calcium and magnesium levels will be too low. Make a mixture of R.O and tap-water until you reach an E.C of 0.2 and then add CANNA CALMAG AGENT until you reach an E.C of 0.4.
CANNA CALMAG AGENT is a special concentrate for buffering soft water. It can be used on all media.
Directions of use for buffering soft water
- Shake well before us.
- Fill nutrient reservoir with water (20-22°C).
- Add 0.1-0.5 ml per litre CANNA CALMAG AGENT until you reach an EC of 0.4mS/cm. On top of this water you use the normal recommended nutrients and additives.
Information on storage conditions:
Keep bottles sealed air-tight.
Keep only in the original container.
Protect from heat, frost and direct sunlight.
Recommended storage temperature 10 - 30 °C.
- CANNA only works with high-grade nutrients and chelates, which are immediately and completely available for the plant.
- The packaging is made of Polyethylene (PVC and cadmium free), a recyclable plastic.